first post

I'm not much of a writer, but I figured I should broaden my horizons and do what everyone else is doing these days... blogging.  Mostly, what you will see/read on this blog will be my musings over Jane Austen, Regency through Victorian times, books I've read, amuzing things my daughter or cat did, and historical sewing projects I'm currently working on.

The title of my blog, in case you are wondering, comes not only from my obsession with Jane Austen, but it is my daughter's middle name.  So, I am figuratively, and literally "Living with Jane."

Please feel free to leave appropriate comments.  Also, contact me if you like any of my sewing projects, or would like to commission me to make something for you.

Here are some pictures of my most recent sewing project.  I couldn't resist making my daughter Jane her very own Regency gown.  I used the Sense and Sensibility Pattern at this sight, and some beautiful Sari Fabric to make the gown.  It's lined with linen.  The sleeves are a variation on some darling split sleeves that I saw on a little child in a Regency portrait on this page.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts