Seussical the Musical 2012

IT...IS...OVER.

Seussical the Musical 2012 has come to an end. 

glowing fish during one of Jojo's scenes...they moved

I'm exhausted, but everything (with the exception of one glitch with Gertrude's tail) went wonderfully well.  The costumes and set looked great, but more importantly, the kids were awesome.  I'm so proud of them, and I will miss the ones that are graduating this year.  Some of these kids were in my elementary art classes 10 years ago when I first started teaching.  They also participated in my very first Theater Club when they were only 4th graders too.  Now they are seniors in high school, and getting ready to move on to college or university.  I couldn't be more proud of how they have turned out.  They are immensely talented.

The entire cast.

I'm posting a HUGE amount of photos...so sorry...but I couldn't narrow it down more than this.  So, without further ado, here they are.  Keep in mind that these photos were taken at a dress rehearsal a couple of days before opening night.  Final lighting and technical issues had yet to be worked out.  I was still polishing off costumes, and hair and make-up on the cast were not done.  I wish I had gotten photos of everyone with their hair and make-up finished...they looked so much more in character.  Because this post is so picture heavy, I'm going to keep the comments minimal.


I did get a picture of Autumn with her hair and make-up done.  Isn't she the cutest Who of all?!




And maybe the silliest Who too.


This is the only shot I got of Jane in the entire play.  She's so short that you don't see her much.  To view a video of Jane dancing, and to see a clip of the entire cast in action, visit my first Seussical the Musical 2012 post HERE.


I just loved the collage appearance of this picture...totally unintentional.

Jojo and the Cat in the Hat.


Horton.


Gertrude...with only a one-feathered tail.

Mayzie and the Bird Girls tempting Gertrude to visit Dr. Dake, and to eat from the pillberry bush.





Gertrude's tail grows.

No longer a one-feathered tail bird.


The Wickersham brothers (and sister.)



Vlad Vladikoff steals the flower with the Who planet on it.

The Who's wait on as Horton tries to find the lost Who planet.

Gertrude tries to get Horton's attention.


Jungle creatures.

Another shot of Wickersham brothers.

Sour Kangaroo and Baby Kangaroo.


Circus McGurkis.

Jose the pool boy with Mayzie.

Horton sitting on Mayzie's egg.




General Schmidtz and his cadets.



Horton on trial, with Gertrude and Judge Yertle the Turtle.

Mr. Mayor, Mrs. Mayor and son Jojo, all of Who-ville.

Some more shots during rehearsal.


A better shot of Vlad and Wickershams.


Some close up shots of the principal characters.



A few closer shots of the Whos.


Congratulations to the Director, Mr. Wesley, and a fond farewell to Seussical the Musical.  Fabulous job to everyone involved!

Comments

Alyssa said…
Wow, this was a huge show! The bird girls look fabulous.
ZipZip said…
Dear Jenni,

Colorful, fluttery fun! Wow, what an enterprise. Am so happy for you. Massive effort.

Hugs,

natalie
DeLynne said…
Thanks! I have perused, pinned, and bookmarked for my school's Seussical in May 2013. I am very grateful for the inspiration.
DeLynne said…
I have perused, pinned and bookmarked for inspiration for my school's Suessical in May 2013. Thanks so much!

Popular Posts